By Dominic Zi Ann D. Ng | News Writer
Vol. XCI No. 6
Sept. 6, 2019
Silliman University (SU) ranked third in the list of top 10 Mechanical Engineering schools in the Philippines during the August 2019 Mechanical Engineer Licensure Examination.
In line with this, thirty-four SU graduates passed the Mechanical Engineer Licensure Examination given last Aug. 25-26. The university’s overall passing rate is 94.44%, while the national passing rate is 70.61%. Out of these 34 passers are two repeaters who passed the exam.
According to the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), an announcement was given on Aug. 31 that 3,928 out of 5,563 passed the exam given by the Board of Mechanical Engineering in various cities of the Philippines.
Chairperson of SU Mechanical Engineering Department Engr. Louie Pierre O. Equio said 33 of them took the exam in Cebu while one examinee took it in Manila.
The newly licensed Mechanical Engineers of SU are:
- Abella, Franz Martin Ingo
- Ablong, John Christian Borja
- Bais, Millard John Abellon
- Barot, Abiel Abejero
- Bongalos, Gian Marco
- Buling, Junmar Patron
- Ceriales, Neil Anthony Eumague
- Cordova, Aries Niño Ramos
- Credo, Ted Matthew Gabriel Infante
- Domen, Dominique Anne Hachero
- Duca, Mike Francis Geralde
- Dueñas, Meneses Jr. Tapia
- Fuentes, Uzziel Gene Malahay
- Garcia, Jon David Galia
- Lirazan, Primzelle Uy
- Lomboy, Abel Jan Villanueva
- Mananquil, Ramon Isaac Tang
- Mariño, Lawrence Joseph Besario
- Montes, Chester Dave Gañas
- Nario, Joshua Mariano Estrellado
- Otod, Philscent Mark Tamala
- Paglinawan, Neil Jr. Quiro-Quiro
- Pastorfie, Mark David Alde
- Pinili, Petil Pam Teves
- Publico, Rouell Luis Luga
- Quiamco, Chris Joshua Sison
- Refe, Renz Kyle Balahan
- Ricaborda, Ben Jeco Abalos
- Rich, Nicole Joy Camposano
- Rosales, Vincent Rey Mirambel
- Salvoro, Leopoldo Jr. Alcancia
- Tabilon, Joshua Lloyd Banogon
- Tuale, Jezrell Torreda
- Verstrepen, Brent Santillan
“Be reminded that passing the board exam is just the beginning of your journey as engineers,” Engr. Equio said in congratulating the new Mechanical Engineers of SU.
He also congratulated the faculty and staff of the College of Engineering and Design, especially his colleagues in the Mechanical Engineering Department for doing great.